Get designers involved and invested in their city and in turn, have their city invest in them.
Create a chapter-level model to influence an internship/apprenticeship or residency for civic engagement similar to the “teach for America” idea where partners/sponsors help pay off college/student loan in exchange if designer works to boost civic engagement and government transparency.
- A design job within city hall – purpose of organizing/making civic engagement within that city easier to understand.
- Interns, have mentors/leaders within community and AIGA come lead/creative direct once a week … new graduates approach design problems …
- Pays off / forgives student loans
- Puts valuable problem-solvers in city government offices
- Puts design thinking in city government offices
Tool Advisor / Idea by
Frances Yllana, Dallas firstname.lastname@example.org